After School Care
Our ministry goal for the aftercare program of Excel at Cedar Hills is to help and encourage families by providing a safe, fun, productive, and Gospel-centered environment for students.
At Excel, your child will be cared for by kind and loving teachers who will encourage students to pursue excellence in their relationships, their responsibilities, and their academics.
When your child arrives at Excel, they will enjoy a snack, hear a Bible story, have a few moments to unwind from the day, and have opportunity to build healthy friendships through fun activities and play.
If parents wish, our workers will encourage each child to complete their homework while at aftercare. Our desire is to be a help to the parent by encouraging each child to complete as much homework as possible, thus allowing more family time in the evening.
Music lessons for various instruments are also available. If you desire for your child to pursue learning a musical instrument, Excel offers instruction in several instruments including piano, guitar, violin, clarinet, bass, drums, ukulele, and voice. Whether your child is a beginner or intermediate, we offer lessons and practice time opportunities which will allow families one less stop after work.
For more information 309-361-8467 call/text
- Aftercare is available for students K5 through 5th grade. We service Banner, Wilder Waite, Dunlap Grade School, and Hickory Grove schools. Students are picked up from the front door of their school and brought to Cedar Hills.
- If a student is enrolled in music lessons through Excel, they will have a set day and time for their lesson so that parents can send books/instruments on that day. In addition to private lessons, we also offer a beginner group class and group singing class.
- Excel Aftercare follows the Dunlap School District calendar and is not open on days there is no school or early dismissal, with the exception of the normal Wednesday 2:15 dismissal.
- Families will choose how many days a week they will register. For instance, if you only need care three days a week and will pick up by 4:30, your fee will be a consistent $170 a month per child.
- If you have a fluctuating schedule and need to make special arrangement, we are happy to try to work with you.
- Monthly fees remain the same even if a child is absent or there are school holidays. Aftercare fees begin in September. The August days are used as buffers for the days there's no school.